The Indian Navy is one of the most distinguished sectors of the Indian government that runs recruitment drives for various designations through different Navy exams. Along with other posts, it invites applications for the position of Stewards and cooks (MR) and Topasses (NMR). These two job units recruit young and dynamic candidates at an early stage of life giving them immense opportunity to build their career and provide them a better future. The application forms come out generally in the month of December/January and June/July every year.
How to Apply
- The application form may be downloaded from Indian Navy’s website or typed on a plain paper in the prescribed format. Choice of entry is to be clearly indicated in the application form. You are allowed to apply on only for one entry between MR Cook/ MR Steward/ NMR Topasses in a batch.
- The type of entry, name of exam passed and percentage of mark scored must be mentioned on top of the envelope containing the application form The following documents have to be attached-
- One passport sixe photograph pasted at the top right corner of the application form and a spare photograph with the candidate’s name written on the reverse.
- Attested copy (by Gazetted officer) of the following certificates- Matric/Equivalent certificate for proof of date of birth. Mark sheet and certificate Diploma/Higher Board examination/ Matriculation as applicable, domicile certificate.
- Two self addressed envelopes of size 22 x 10 cms with Rs 10/- stamp affixed on one envelope and one envelope without stamp is to be submitted along with the application form.
17-21 years old at the time of written entrance examination.
Eligibility Conditions for job requirement
- Cooks (MR): They should be Matric/10th qualified. They would be required to prepare food as per the menu and accounting of ration.
- Stewards (MR): They should be Matric/10th qualified. They would be required to serve foods in the officer’s messes as waiters. Housekeeping staff along with other duties.
- Topasses (NMR): they should be VI standard qualified and would be required to work as safaiwalas in addition to other duties.
Written exam will be conducted at the designated centre on the determined date and time. The objective type 60 minutes duration question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and comprise of four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
Physical Fitness Test-
ASTA Educational and Publication House Pvt. Ltd. employ the best of faculty and trainers to assist our candidates in preparation of the competitive exams. We have various classroom courses where we develop our candidates’ sense of understanding and rationality towards the various types of questions asked in the exams. We have our own NR/ NMR preparation course materials that are designed keeping in mind previous years’ question papers. Our faculty takes into account the changing patterns of the question paper and brings out comprehensive solutions in the best possible manner. We also have our own publication unit where we publish monthly magazines for NR/NMR related General Awareness, Current Topics, General Knowledge, Reasoning, English and other important aspects for the exams. We also conduct weekly quiz sessions and exams on model question papers every week.
- Free Interview Classes/ Personality Development Sessions
- Five Hours Class a Day escalating up to Eight Hours, if need be
- Weekly and Monthly Tests basis latest curriculum and expected trend
- Monthly Reporting to Parents about the child’s performance
- ASTA Educational And Publication House Pvt. Ltd., earlier known as ASTA Institute has been helping aspirants achieve their goals for last 15 years
- We have a proven track record of almost 100% results in the Navy and Air Force Exams
- More than 10000 successful candidates have benefitted from our acumen
- We have full-time faculties to ensure the most comprehensive teaching methodology
- Our medium of teaching instruction is both in Hindi and English
- We emphasize on improving conceptual aptitude of the student
- Our error-free procedure of filling-up the application ensures that each aspirant gets the admit card
- We strategize and compile books and study materials for all the courses that we offer
- A highly qualified research team to our assistance, review and analyze the previous year questions papers and prepare the course material
- Through our publication unit, we also offer solved question papers with detailed answers
- We publish study materials and solved answer papers both in Hindi and English